Welcome to the official Duck and a Buckeye blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Crabtree Signs

Michael Crabtree has finally signed a deal with the San Francisco 49ers. He signed a $32 million dollar deal, with $17 million guaranteed. Crabtree's contract gives him considerably more money than many of the players drafted ahead of him, and I (Duck) can only wonder if this will not cause the NFL to take a long, hard, look at guaranteed slotted salaries.

Now that Crabtree has finally signed, it still figures to be several weeks before we see him on the field, especially considering that he sat out most of the preseason workouts, and has yet to learn the team's playbook.

Crabtree has a lot to prove, and personally I'm looking to pick him up off waivers for my fantasy team. No really. My reasoning is two fold. One, my fantasy team has--under performed--in the last couple of weeks, anything can help. And two, I figure that Crabtree will likely start before the end of bye-week season, and I'd look to fill him in to a last resort, bye week spot.

Besides, my fantasy team is struggling. I need a publicity stunt. I need a cocky wide receiver. I need Michael Crabtree.

Duck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment